The Department of Homeland Security is seeking an Assistant Administrator, Resilience Business Operations
- Provides direction and oversight of all business operations activities (i.e., human capital, budget, procurement, administrative, IT, etc.) within Resilience. Responsible for creating common business processes to increase efficiencies across Resilience. Advises, counsels, guides, and instructs senior leadership and all managers on the policies and procedures within these functions. Briefs senior leadership on business operation matters and provides advice and recommendations on resolving complex matters.
- Represents Resilience on senior level governance bodies related to business operations (e.g., Human Capital Governance Board, IT Governance Board, Real Property Governance Board, etc.).
- Advises leadership on all human capital issues affecting Resilience, including optimizing the organizational design structure; tracking, prioritizing, and expediting hiring actions; and representing Resilience on all senior level governance bodies pertaining to human capital issues. Sets Resilience policies in regard to professional development, awards, and other related human capital issues in line with federal, departmental, agency, and Resilience standards, including those related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Oversees the coordination of disaster staffing and readiness across Resilience, to include soliciting and identifying staff during disasters, ensuring all employees in Resilience are assigned a disaster title, orienting all employees on the logistics associated with deployments, providing situational awareness and reporting of disaster deployments and activities across Resilience.
- Provides leadership with guidance on short-and long-range budgetary activities and ensures that Resilience’s multi-billion-dollar budget supports leadership priorities. Works closely with FEMA’s Office of Policy and Program Analysis (OPPA), Office of Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) and Resilience strategic planning to oversee the Programming, Budgeting, and Execution portions of FEMA’s Planning Programming Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) cycle within Resilience. Directs and oversees the review, consolidation, formulation. and presentation of Resilience’s budget proposal for review and approval by FEMA, DHS, OMB and Congress. Directs the execution, allocation, and control of the obligation of funds appropriated to Resilience.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of important legislative, budgetary, Federal, State or local developments and actions which could affect policy, programs, missions and activities; Reviews relevant documents and other materials; participates in the study and analysis of the resilience operations; develops senior-level briefings and guidance.