“This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of the Chief Information Officer, Office of Accessible Systems and Technology (OAST), Anywhere in the U.S. (remote job). he primary purpose of this position is to serve as Director of the Program Compliance Division, and senior information technology expert and/or advisor to management on a wide range of complex program activities concerning governance, compliance, accessibility services, and program management activities. The position also serves as a first-level supervisor with administrative and technical supervisory responsibilities over a group of information technology specialists who are engaged in highly technical work and serve as subject matter experts.”
- Manages and leads of all governance activities, including enterprise architecture, change management, and periodic reporting to ensure Section 508 compliance of DHS systems and technologies.
- Provides leadership and subject matter expertise to DHS Component Section 508 Program Managers and staff regarding Section 508 and IT Governance requirements.
- Provides vision, leadership, and management to OAST strategic planning activities and teams.
- Ensures that project plans proceed as scheduled and are enforced or modified if needed.
- Directs, coordinates, and provides oversight and guidance to achieving goals, initiatives and critical work.