“This position is located in the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), Office of Spectrum Management (OSM). NTIA/OSM manages the electromagnetic spectrum for federal government users in the U.S. and its territories. This position will lead efforts to ensure the successful development, modernization, and maintenance of the portfolio of OSM’s Spectrum National Security Systems required to meet its Primary Mission Essential Function of managing federal spectrum use.”
- Provides dedicated executive management across the portfolio of spectrum IT and software development activities, will be responsible for cost, schedule, performance and risk management, and will be responsible for developing and implementing a spectrum modernization roadmap to advance and transform NTIA spectrum management business operations.
- Manages the program management office, consolidate software development activities for spectrum management systems, and ensure the appropriate processes and procedures are established to ensure successful capability development, fielding, and operations.
- Formulates and plans long range and multi-year programs designed to transform complex spectrum management systems and business processes and ensure the spectrum National Security Systems are engineered, acquired, and fielded to meet current and future operational requirements.
- Reviews subordinate project manager plans to ensure the fielding of a comprehensive, integrated, and interoperable spectrum management architecture in a synchronized manner, and execution is in accordance with established technical policies, deadlines, and funding ceilings. Assures integration of functions and interoperability between systems within NTIA, as well as across the federal agencies.
- Provides executive leadership, expert advice, and collaboration among OSM and NTIA units, and interagency stakeholders in developing, promoting, and maintaining IT and software development capabilities to adequately and cost effectively meet the Office’s current and future business needs.
- Assesses, develops, and articulates the end-to-end spectrum business processes, systems and technology, job roles, and organization structures to accomplish the spectrum management mission.
- Interprets and implements complex program and mission goals into procurement programs, ensuring that alternatives have been thoroughly articulated and analyzed prior to commitment.