“The Information Technology Program Manager position serves as the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in the Bureau of Intelligence and Research’s Technology and Innovation Office (INR/TIO) and reports to the Bureau’s Chief Information Officer (CIO). The CISO is accountable for collaboration on information security policies of the Department of State and the Intelligence Community (IC) and their implementation in INR.”
- Serves as the senior subject matter expert, principal technical advisor, and counsel to the INR/TIO’s CIO by providing strategic leadership vision, direction and coordination in support of INR Information Security Program activities as required.
- Serves as principal Bureau liaison to the Department and the IC on all issues related to information security.
- Serves as lead advisor in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies, advises on developing system security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures.
- Develops information security policies within the Bureau that advance secure IT solutions and services.
- Coordinate implementation of INR/TIO’s IT Risk Management Framework, Assessment and Authorization, and associated enterprise-wide continuous monitoring processes, procedures and programs to reduce the risk of vulnerabilities and weaknesses.