“This position is located in the Financial Management Division, Office of Strategy, Planning, and Budget, DCIO for Business Management and Planning, Bureau of Information Resources Management (IRM/BMP/SPB/FMD), in the U.S. Department of State. The incumbent serves as the Chief of the Division, and provides leadership, oversight, supervision, and guidance to the Division and its two branches: the IRM Budget branch and to the Working Capital branch.”
- Oversees the daily operation of the Financial Management Division to include direct supervision of two GS-14 Branch Chiefs and indirect supervision of 15+ federal staff.
- With senior leadership guidance, oversees the formulation and execution of IRM Bureau and larger Department IT Budgets.
- Acts as budget/finance technical representative for IRM Bureau at senior level meetings before Department, OMB, and Congressional Committees or staffers in response to inquiries related to Department IT budget and financial activities.
- Recommends, justifies, and provides rationale for major programming of funds and restructuring of projects/programs to ensure adequate and efficient distribution of resources.
- Advises Office Director and other senior IRM Bureau managers of potential and immediate changes in budgetary plans or policies.