Notice ID: 692M15-23-RFI-SLESupport
The National Airspace System (NAS) contains systems that range from sunset phase to state-of-the-art Hardware (HW) and Software (SW). Older systems face problems that require unique engineering solutions because spare parts may be obsolete, unattainable, or depleted. Some systems contain SW developed with unique and specific languages, compilers, and support platforms no longer used or supported. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) needs supportable, functionally identical replacement items designed, developed, tested, acquired, and implemented to sustain NAS functionality and operations.
The NAS is a network of controlled and uncontrolled airspace, both domestic and oceanic. The NAS includes the following systems and subsystems:
- Radar target, and weather detection,
- Flight data and supporting processing systems,
- Air Traffic (AT) processing and display systems within the Enroute and Terminal Oceanic ATC environment,
- Communications systems, flight plan data information systems, and
- NAS maintenance and support systems…
Tagged: Department of Transportation (DOT), SAM.gov
This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 days, 7 hours ago by Jackie Gilbert.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.