- Plan, develop, lead, and direct nationwide IT programs and projects to support FHWA-wide program objectives and to accomplish the mission of the FHWA. Plans include estimating cost impact of new programs and providing advice to management officials in the assessment of priorities.
- Plan, formulate, develop, promote, coordinate, and execute a nationwide program for IT systems analysis and design, application programming, information security, software operations, and support for the FHWA. Manage coordination of support services by DOT IT Applications, including collaboration with the DOT Application Council and similar governing bodies in the Department.
- Direct systematic long-rang plans for effectively providing IT applications to the FHWA.
- During the execution phase, the incumbent monitors expenditure and cost trends and makes revisions as appropriate. Budget formulation includes ascertaining the plans and program and staff offices to which support is provided and converting plans to specific products and services based on cost estimates.
- Serve as FHWA representative on various committees, such as Department Application Council, and advises top management on issues involving assigned program and functions. Establish contact as FHWA representative with the Department, Operating Administrations, and other Federal government officials, as well as AASHTO, manufacturers and industry suppliers.
Read the full job description.
Tagged: Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Jackie Gilbert.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.