“This position is located in the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Office of Infrastructure & Ops (I&O), and reports to the Deputy ACIO for Infrastructure and Operations. The incumbent will be the Director, Configuration Management, Infrastructure & Operations.”
- Strategically direct, lead, and plan activities as they relate to OCIO goals from a CM perspective, which include, IT programs, requirements, and IT projects, and for ensuring continual service improvement methodologies work to streamline activities in all CM office functional areas, provides insight to and supports various high-level departmental governance boards, counsels, and committees, including cybersecurity under the jurisdiction of the OCIO, serves as a liaison to advance cross-functional processes that impact business and projects in I&O.
- Foster, articulate, approve, communicate, and execute the goals and objectives of configuration management within the DOT COE. Communicate complex and non-complex IT issues clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Oversee the daily end-to-end delivery of configuration management services in accordance with the COE CM Plan by leading, directing, supervising, and mentoring, organization federal and contractor configuration, release, change, quality assurance (QA), test, and data managers, as well as CM analysts and specialists.
- Ensures the integrity of the data in the DOT Configuration Management Database (CMDB); ensures the form, fit, and function of all DOT CIs to include, systems, subsystems, hardware, software, firmware, and documents are controlled, managed, and maintained; ensures the DOT information infrastructure operational baseline is controlled and managed via the change, test, and release processes.
- Carry out the design and implementation duties and responsibilities of this position independently, exercising leadership and managerial ability in planning, implementing, and evaluating IT alignment and business value across the Department.
- Interview and select candidates for positions; and recommends appointment, promotion, or reassignment of individuals related in the team. Identify development and training needs of employees and provides or arranges needed development and training. Evaluate work performance of subordinate supervisor, gives advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters.
- Lead, train, and advocate for configuration management and its pillars, (configuration planning and management, configuration identification, status accounting & reporting, configuration control, inventories and audits, and data management) to support receiving, evaluating, and adjudicating changes to the DOT Commodity IT information infrastructure.