“The Volpe Center seeks a Chief of the Infrastructure Engineering and Deployment Systems Division. The Division Chief manages the Division’s technical work portfolio, supervises approximately 15-20 technical and administrative staff, provides administrative oversight of the division, and works collaboratively as a member of the Volpe Center management team.”
- Develop, maintain, and grow the Division’s portfolio of work consistent with the strategic goals of the US DOT and Volpe Center. Develop staff through professional development, mentoring and challenging work assignments.
- Support full utilization of technical staff while ensuring that they have opportunities for professional advancement while maintaining high standards of public service and support to their customers.
- Implementation and growing an infrastructure sustainment and modernization for military and civilian sponsors.
- Sustain and build relationships with sponsors, colleagues, and industry professionals.
- Establish and execute vision for strategic growth of the division portfolio, building on existing strengths and identifying opportunities for collaboration with other Volpe Center divisions.
- Ensure that project and programs are managed in accordance with the Volpe Center project management standards and best industry practices. This includes developing and managing reimbursable and Interagency Agreements, monitoring project funding levels, establishing, and maintaining good working relationships with current and future clients, ensuring the quality of deliverable and providing quick reaction responses as required.
- Monitor and manage direct and indirect budgets to ensure compliance with requirements and limitations. Development and oversight of the Division’s portfolio of projects for ensuring technical excellence and leadership and for ensuring that high quality products and services are delivered to clients on time and within budget.