“The Deputy Assistant Inspector General, Technology Services (DAIG, TS) serves under the direction of the Assistant Inspector General, Technology Services (AIG, TS). The DAIG, TS is responsible for conducting, supervising, and coordinating Information Technology (IT) audits and a full range of advanced computer and statistical techniques, including data analytics.”
- “Serves as Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Technology Services (DAIG-TS) responsible for the direction and performance of all functions, activities, services, and products of TS staff, which includes matters related to IT audits, system security documentation, and data analytics.
- Assists the Assistant Inspector General for TS with providing supervision and direction to its three division: Information Technology Audits (ITA); Data and Analytic Services (DAS); and Technology Support Operations (TSO).
- Directs the planning and conduct of IT audits, evaluations of information systems programs and operations, including systems’ integrity throughout the Department.
- Reviews data analysis reports, investigative products, or audits of programs/projects/systems to include work papers, reports, and audits, reviews, and IT-related assessments in process to evaluate adherence to prescribed policies and standards, the quality and effectiveness of projects completed, or in process, and the performance of the staff members.
- Provides technical and policy advice and assistance on data analysis, cyber-related investigative activities, IT audit or IT-related program and system matters to the AIG -TS.
- Develops, initiates, and oversees the policies, procedures, techniques, and practices used by the TS staff.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Education may want to influence who applies for this SES position in the Office of Inspector General that is responsible for directing the planning and conduct of IT audits, and evaluations of information systems programs and operations.