EXECUTIVE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Serves as a key advisor to the Director with responsibility for participating in major decisions and general management of FHFA. Provides strategic and operational expertise to the Director and is responsible for participating in major decisions and general management of the agency.
Description of Organization(s)/Programs Managed and Reporting Structure: Serves as Chief Information Officer for FHFA. Acts as primary advisor to the Director and senior FHFA staff on all matters related to information technology oversight and is responsible for leading the analysis of technology requirements and managing the life cycle of technology at FHFA. Manages the day-to-day operations of the Office of Technology and Information Management (OTIM) staff through subordinate managers. Oversees technology planning, management, and investments consistent with Federal Acquisition Regulations, OMB Circular A-11, the E-Government Act, OPM and OMB regulation/circulars and/or the Clinger-Cohen Act.
Incumbent reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Functional Roles and Responsibilities
- Directs and oversees the design, development, and maintenance of FHFA’s computer systems. Provides leadership and direction to staff to ensure the planning, direction, and coordination of major information technology projects. Manages systems to support modeling efforts and provides information management support for economic, financial, and policy research and analysis involving GSE data.
- Directs proactive customer service and support, ensuring that critical issues and trends are identified, tracked, and resolved. Establishes key performance indicators for the unit’s primary services that anticipate potential customer impact based on acceptable control limits. Directs the development of reporting on the status of key services and customer issues. Establishes appropriate service level agreements with customer for core services. Ensures the efficient and effective operation of FHFA’s production computing environment.
- Directs the development and operation of information technology and applications that support FHFA’s regulatory responsibilities. Directs the annual review of all information systems to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, ensuring the review of all hardware and software, the adequacy of system documentation, the design and architecture of the systems and databases.
- Serves as expert in the planning aspect of technology acquisitions, which includes advising and making recommendations to the Director and other policymakers for the selection, replacement and upgrading of hardware and software. Recommends and develops new or revised technologies, methods and procedures to resolve complex FHFA business problems. Develops appropriate internal controls to ensure the security of data.
- Analyzes and monitors new technology to determine appropriateness for FHFA. Directs the creation and maintenance of a future-focused enterprise technology architecture that clearly links business needs to technology solutions and enables the review of how new technologies might improve FHFA mission efficiency and effectiveness.
- Leads the development of multi-year technology investment strategies, consistent with federal capital planning investment and control (CPIC) models to ensure technology investments are well planned. Collaborates with executives throughout the agency to ensure emerging business requirements are well understood, resource needs are anticipated in advance, and resources are available to execute on time.
- Directs the development and maintenance of IT disaster recovery plans for continuity of critical applications in the event of a disaster or emergency.
- Oversees the development of responses to information technology-related inquiries from external entities, including the OIG, Congress, OMB, GSA, GAO, and the GSEs.
- Directs the design, development, and maintenance of all technology related training within FHFA.
- Represents FHFA at technology-related meetings and conferences.
- Performs other responsibilities and assignments of a critical, urgent, and confidential nature as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
Read the full job description.
This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Anthony McCarthy.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.