“As a Supervisory IT Specialist, you will direct the Software Division and plan and direct the development, implementation, and execution of multiple enterprise software and cloud strategic sourcing acquisition offerings and agreements within the Federal Acquisition Service.”
“Location of position: Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Office of Information Technology Category (ITC), Software Division”
- Plans and directs the development, implementation, and execution of multiple enterprise software and cloud strategic sourcing acquisition offerings and agreements within the Federal Acquisition Service.
- Manages and coordinates the development and implementation of Government-wide, optimized, cost effective strategic sourcing software and cloud services offerings that are focused on reducing total cost of ownership and improving the way the Federal Government acquires and manages software and cloud services.
- Establishes organizational structure, allocates work force and financial resources, and delegates authority and responsibility. Provides the leadership necessary to maintain an effective and productive workforce and to provide a continuous flow and exchange of information among employees. Initiates appropriate work assignment adjustments whenever staff or workload fluctuations occur to ensure the maintenance of an effective and efficient operation.
- Manages the human resources of the Division. Assigns work, plans and schedules the work of subordinates, counsels subordinates on all employment-related issues, establishes and modifies employee position descriptions, makes selections for employment and promotion, establishes employee performance standards, evaluates employee performance, takes actions to correct employee misconduct or unacceptable performance up to and including removal, awards employee performance.
- Division practices for granting employee leave requests, and grants employee leave requests
- Identifies emerging enterprise software, cloud services, and strategic sourcing opportunities and coordinates with agency officials to ensure that the federal agencies are aware of the advantages and efficiencies of these offerings.
- Directs the performance of market research on a wide range of IT services and solutions to assist agency program managers in making effective decisions in determining appropriate product offerings and services.
- Represents and speaks for GSA/FAS/ITC in dealings with key GSA officials, other Federal agency officials, representatives of business and industry, State and local governments, the media, and congressional staffs and committees on matters involving enterprise software, cloud services, and strategic sourcing.