The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is seeking a Deputy Director for the Information, Data and Analytics (IDAS) Service Line.
- Responsible for leading, supervising, coordinating, and managing systems engineers, administrators, and data professionals who performs enterprise data engineering, analytics, and infrastructure developmental operations.
- Oversee, evaluate, and improve enterprise operating programs, policies, and procedures related to data engineering and infrastructure operations program activities to obtain the most efficient operations on projects and programs.
- Communicate complex functional and technical requirements, issues, and value-added improvements to technical and non-technical personnel to facilitate timely responses for consideration into strategic decisions and planning.
- Stay current with (and adhering to) best practices industry recommended and federally mandated IT data and systems development security policies.
- In partnership with the IDAS Director and leadership team, advise IT experts on: budget planning and execution; application of ITIL principles; and quality of service while adapting new IT concepts, standards, methods, or practices.
- Participate in hiring practices while ensuring the goals of equal employment opportunity/diversity continually support and accomplish affirmative action objectives by adhering to non-discriminatory employment practices.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance, coordinate with other IT services and organizations to ensure customer needs are addressed and provide input into the IDAS portfolio management process.
- Integrate, collaborate, and lead program/project reviews to provide briefings to senior executives and internal/external partners at all levels. Briefings must be tailored to support the making of an informed decision which meets OCIO requirements.