“This position is located in the Bureau of Information Services; Infrastructure Services. The incumbent provides leadership and oversees a variety of IT functional areas, including systems engineering, network administration, data communications, computer operations, systems assurance, and database administration, and coordinates these activities with those of other organizational units within the agency.”
- “Consult with and furnish technical advice to bureau and other officials in the agency relative to Infrastructure Services for the agency.
- Identify problems and operating implications beyond scope of assigned responsibilities and collaborate with interested officials in working out practical solutions.
- Provide leadership using industry standard best practices such as Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) to deliver services to organizational units within the agency.
- Represent the bureau in conferences within the agency and with representatives of other agencies and private industry to secure agreements on policies and procedures affecting the work of, and relations with, these individuals and organizational entities.
- Work on special projects as assigned; e.g., participate in the work of intra-agency committees in evaluating the contribution of information technology to overall agency programs, improving the service when possible.
- Perform the full range of personnel management functions with respect to subordinate supervisors and employees.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) may want to influence who applies for this role that is responsible for furnishing technical advice to Bureau and other officials in the Agency relative to Infrastructure Services.