- Serves as Branch Chief for the BIAR and is responsible for business and requirements analysis, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement and implementation of business intelligence (BI) strategy and data warehouse architecture.
- Provides technical leadership, guidance, and interpretations for developing and reviewing requirements, administration, maintenance and support of FSIS BI tools, and data warehouse architecture.
- Coordinates with USDA and FSIS program offices in developing data management strategies, policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Oversees and evaluates IT contract and procurement activities/proposals.
- Prepares IT acquisition packages for products and services.
- Supports business case development and develops IT cost estimates.
- Ensures the adherence to FSIS IT governance processes and procedures including change management and configuration management.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets priorities, and establishes schedules for work capabilities of employees.
- Develops and evaluates work performance of subordinates.
- Provides advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters. Interviews candidates for positions, recommending appointments, promotions, or reassignments.
- Fields and resolves complaints from employees, referring group grievances and more serious unresolved complaints to a higher-level supervisor or manager.
- Identifies training and development needs of employees, providing or making provisions for training as required.
- Develops ways to improve production or increase the quality of the work directed.
Read the full job description.
Tagged: Department of Agriculture (USDA)
This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 months, 1 week ago by Jackie Gilbert.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.