“This position is in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Business Solutions Center (BSC). The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) provides information technology planning and design, application development, innovative technology (IT) business solutions, enterprise architecture, information security, portfolio governance and data management for FSIS. The BSC provides service delivery of reliable and scalable systems.”
- Serves as Branch Chief for the Continuous Operations Branch (COB) and is responsible for managing, directing, supervising, staffing, coordinating, and evaluating a branch operation.
- Develops policies and procedures for the Quality Assurance (QA) testing and Configuration Management (CM) program.
- Manages the request for change process and oversees the Technical Change Control Board (TCCB).
- Develops, implements, and manages a CM Program and a QA/Independent Verification and Validation (IVV) program to support FSIS mission requirements, goals, and initiatives.
- Provides expert technical leadership, guidance, and interpretations for QA, CM, governance and policy for FSIS application development/implementation efforts across program areas and partnering entities.
- Collaborates with other OCIO branches, centers, and external parties to evaluate and justify the feasibility of IT solutions.
- Establishes software management policies, procedures, and guidelines in alignment with best practices and industry standards.
- Manages the administration and maintenance of FSIS testing and CM tools, in compliance with USDA, to support of governance, auditing, data sharing, business analysis and reporting.
- Coordinates with USDA and FSIS program offices in developing QA and change management strategies policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and directs the development of high quality and security products using agile development methodologies.
- Plans, coordinates, assesses, and implements security measure to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized access, damage, modification, or disclosure.
- Oversees and evaluates IT contract and procurement activities/proposals; prepares IT acquisition packages for products and services; supports business case development and develop IT cost estimates.
- The incumbent collaborates with OCIO centers to develop, document, and analyze technology proposals for technical feasibility, compatibility, and compliance then directs, prepares, and reviews detailed internal govern cost estimates.
- Ensures the adherence to FSIS IT governance processes and procedures including change management and CM.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets priorities, and establishes schedules for work capabilities of employees…
Read the full job description here.
Tagged: Department of Agriculture (USDA)
This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Anthony McCarthy.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.